Saturday 14 January 2012

Nicki Minaj Inspired Nails

Hey World! 


So one of the last designs that I did was a little inspired by Nicki Minaj and her outfit at the MTV music awards. For those of you that don't know what she wore, here it is
photo cred: http://style.mtv.com/2011/08/29/nicki-minaj-raver-vma/
The dress part was what inspired me most, here's a closeup
photo cred: http://style.mtv.com/2011/08/29/nicki-minaj-raver-vma/
See the stitching over the silver!? So beautiful! This is what the awesomeness of her outfit inspired me to do

AHH so cool! The silver kept jumping out at me every time I moved my nails. 


The polishes used for this design was Sally Hansen's Celeb City, a black striper and a pink striper. I realized after I finished that I should have used OPI's Pink Friday from the Nicki Minaj Collection, but I was already finished, so maybe next time. 


celeb city, black striper, pink striper
In order to get this design, start off by protecting your nails with a lovely base coat! For this one I used Orly's Liquid Nail Wrap and Ridgefiller. 


Once the nail is prepped I put one coat of celeb city and let it dry. 
Then took the black striper and made Xes across all of my nails. 
Once those are dry take the pink striper and make small ticks across the X so that the whole X is covered in stitches. 



It is a really subtle design that is cute and fun, and SO easy to do. I apologize about the lack of clean up around my nails, it was late and I didn't have time and I was exhausted. The whole starting a new job and having to get up at 6am every morning was getting to me. Need more COFFEE. haha :)



I think the above image shows how cute this is. 


Love this design! 


And remember as always to finish off with your favourite top coat! I used OPI's Start to Finish. 


Until next time,


Sincerely Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...