Monday 9 January 2012

Tribal, Aztec, Warrior or something like that nails

TRIBAL NAILS! 
I have been wanting to try tribal nails on myself for weeks, however have been slightly terrified at  what the results could be as I have never attempted something that intricate before. So last Friday I decided to take the plunge and give it a go. Surprisingly enough they actually turned out really well! 


Tribal!!
As detailed as this looks, it was actually a lot easier than I expected, just very time consuming to accomplish. 
For this manicure I used White on White by China Glaze, a Yellow from Ardene, Red, Blue, Black and White stripers! I must confess I copied this tutorial from one of my favourite youtube channels Cute Polish. Since I have been so scared about doing this myself I thought following a guide for my first time would be helpful!


polish used
To get this look start off by putting on your basecoat! Again I used Start to Finish by OPI. 


The first step to getting this look is to paint all of your nails White on White. This white polish is much thicker and more vibrant than the white I used in the last tutorial, so I only put on 2 coats to have a beautiful and vibrant gorgeous white nails. 


Now the next steps differ for every nail, as I did a different pattern, but the basic idea is the same. I will go through the steps for what I did on my thumb. 


thumb :)
To start off I took my blue striper and made a line about 1/5 of the way up my nail. Then at about the 2/5 I made another line with the blue striper, then filled in the gab between the two blue stripes. 

The next thing I did was take a brush and dip it into the yellow polish that I have. I used this brush to create a thick yellow line, leaving a white gap between the two colours. 

Then I went back to my blue striper and painted the tip of my nail blue, again leaving a white space between the yellow and blue. 

I then took the black striper and made a line across the top of the blue blue line I made on the bottom of the nail. Also did black lines surrounding the yellow stripe. 

The black striper was then used to create four black vertical lines on the bottom of my nail. 

Next I took my red striper and did a line along the bottom of the blue that I did on the tip. 

Back to the black striper, I made small lines changing direction on top of the yellow polish to create a triangle effect.

Then finally took a dotting tool and made small black dots between the red and the yellow stripes!

I have to say it was worth the amount of time it took to do as I absolutely love the look of it! 


On some of the nails I am really not happy with the line work, but for my first shot I have to say I'm pretty pleased! The great thing with nails is too that no one notices from far away! 



Here are the rest of my nails up close,



I apologize that the quality is so terrible, I didn't realize until today and by then I had already taken this off! 



Even though I copied a tutorial for this, it gave me enough confidence to try and do something completely different next time! I already have ideas and will no doubt be doing another tribal nail art sometime in the upcoming weeks! 


Until next time,
Sincerely Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Niiiiice and cheeky!! I just love the bright and basic colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...