Monday 2 April 2012

Essence A Lovely Secret and Claire's Mystical

Good Morning darlings!
It's Monday back to work today. I had a pretty great weekend. I finally saw The Hunger Games! Which was incredible btw. Then I got to spend lots of time with family and went away Satuday to visit some friends :) I hope you all had just as great a weekend! Today I have another Essence polish to show you and a Claire's polish. First up is Essence's A Lovely Secret.


When I first found Essence polish at Shoppers, it wasn't out on the shelves yet I had to ask the ladies to get it from the box in the back for me. They were of course super sweet and brought the box out and let me choose which ones I wanted. They only had one box and only 4 colours of polish (I got them all obviously :)) And this was one of the ones that they had. I honestly didn't really look too closely at it in the store, just thinking it was a pretty lavender periwinkle colour. Then I got it home and ignored it for awhile. When I finally pulled it out and put it on my nails I was in awe. There is a pink/fuchsia shimmer that gives this polish a whole new dimension!


The colour looks what I would call blurple on the nail and I am in love with it. The shimmer makes the polish look a little grainy, but I am really liking that effect.

Application wise, again this was awesome.Required very little clean up and was opaque in two coats. My first coat was a little sheer and there was VNL but a second coat cleared that right up.


I felt like adding a little glitter to this so pulled out another untried, Claire's Mystical. I got Mystical when I found Claire's Candy Shop, because Claire's always has a Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off on all their cosmetics. This polish is a mainly purple microglitter with pink and blue microglitter scatted throughout it. I wanted a glitter gradient so swiped the polish across my tips and then continued swiping horizontally down the nail letting the polish build up closer to the tip.


The glitter is a little too opaque for the gradient to build up as I had envisioned. It would have been more gradient like if I had sponged it on, but I still like it. 



I liked the formula on this. It was pretty easy to apply and fast drying. I think that this would have no trouble being opaque on its own in two thick coats.

Do you own any Claire's or Essence polishes? How do you like them?

Sincerely Stephanie

10 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the gradient as well! I just bought an essence polish as well, and I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Spilledpolish! I'm glad you love the essence too! They are such fantastic polishes!

      Delete
  2. That's so pretty, I need to try gradient manis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure try it! They are so easy and have such a great effect!

      Delete
  3. This is so nice, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I wanted you to know that I’ve nominated your blog for the Versatile Blogger Award! Copy/save the badge and follow the rules here:

    http://nailnotes.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/wow-ive-been-nominated-for-the-versatile-blogger-award/

    Happy Blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Essence polish! It looks so pretty. You did such a good job applying the glitter for a gradient look. I have tried to do it many times and it never looks this good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much oflifeandlacquer!! :)
      For this one I just did lines of the gliter down the nail, a little further down each time and going back over the other glitter. You will get it! <3

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...