Saturday 9 June 2012

Absract Nail Art Challenge Day 5: Needle Marble

It's the 5th day in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge and the requirement is Needle Marble. When it comes to a needle marble the possibilities are absolutely endless. I decided to keep it simple and just use two polishes and a toothpick for this design! 


china-glaze-for-audrey-sun-kissed-needle-marble-nail-art


I started off with 1 coat of China Glaze For Audrey which has to be one of my all time favourite polishes. Then I added a swipe of China Glaze Sun-Kissed from the new Summer Neons Collection and another swipe of For Audrey and one nail at a time took a toothpick and swirled the polishes together. I totally loved the end result of this! The shimmer in Sun-Kissed really added to the creme finish of For Audrey I think. 


china-glaze-for-audrey-sun-kissed-needle-marble-nail-art


china-glaze-for-audrey-sun-kissed-needle-marble-nail-art


I loved the thumb on this one! Please excuse the bubbles for the first time the topcoat I used bubbled in just that one little spot! One thing to watch for when doing needle marbles is not puncturing through to the base coat. I had a little trouble with this on my middle nail, so that's why it looks a little lumpy. 


china-glaze-for-audrey-sun-kissed-needle-marble-nail-art


china-glaze-for-audrey-sun-kissed-needle-marble-nail-art


When I went to start this marble I had noooo idea about what colours I wanted to use. When I looked in my China Glaze drawer I was immediately drawn to these two! I honestly thought it was going to be a complete fail, but I think it ended up working out really well. 


What do you think of the neon marbled with a creme? Is it working for you or do you think it's not so hot? 


Hope you are all having a wonderful Saturday! 


Don't forget to stop by The LacquerologistBeautyGnome and Manicurator to see what these gorgeous ladies have come up with today!

14 comments:

  1. so pretty! I need to try this out lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy! For sure try it! I'd love to see it if you do :)

      Delete
  2. Such a cool technique! I like the way it looks like one color is swimming in the other color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this technique! I was actually trying to go for that! I'm glad you like it and picked up on that Victoria!

      Delete
  3. I like the way you used a toothpick instead of a needle, I teied and found it so fiddly, thankyou Stephanie! & good tip on not puncturing the basecoat,also where I went wrong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem the puncture the basecoat! It really took me a few tries until I figured it out the depth of it. I've actually never tried it with an actual needle! A toothpick seemed just as usable to me :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks sue! It was a hunch and I'm glad it paid off! It really was a fun mani to wear :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Mel! It was a hunch I'm glad I went with!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful color choices...For Audrey is so beautiful! Your marbling looks wonderful, Steph!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! For Audrey is one of my all time favourite polishes :)

      Delete
  7. Hello, I am doing a 28 day nail art challenge in February, to help demonstrate a style I linked this post to mine. Thank you for being awesome!! Jilltastic
    http://www.jilltasticnaildesign.com/2012/12/nail-art-techniques-defined.html

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...