Thursday 7 June 2012

Abstract Nail Art Challenge Day 4: V-Gaps

Today is the 4th day in the Abstract Nail Art Challenge! The criteria for today: V-Gaps. I have only tried a v-gap mani once before during the Black and White Challenge and loved the results. It is a pretty easy technique to achieve, but I like making it a little unique! So this is what I came up with! 


nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs


I took pictures of all my steps along the way as this was a very progressive manicure so read on to see how I got to there! 


nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs


I started off with 2 coats of Nailtini Parfait Armour (light purple). I stumbled upon this polish brand when I was at Winners (Canadian Marshalls equivalent). They came in packs of 4 for $9.99. They come in some really cute tall, skinny, round bottles and come with a pamphlet on how to create a 'cocktail' on your nails with all of their polishes. I will do a separate post on the polishes I picked up later, but there is a little info on the brand! You can visit their website here. Then using a striping brush and Nailitini Grappa I added the V-gaps and filled them in with the polish brush. I then added a coat of NYC In a Minute Top Coat. 


nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs

nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs


Now as much as I like the V-Gap look I felt the need to add something to it. So I grabbed some studs from the Born Pretty Store and added one at the base of each of my nails! 


nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs


Now this is what I'm talking about! I love this so much! The studs just added that little something extra I was looking for. You can get these studs from Born Pretty here and they have free international shipping! 



nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs

nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs


Finally I thought about adding a touch of glitter and went for it using Nailtini On The Rocks a silver microglitter topper. 


nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs

nailtini-v-gaps-nail-art-bornprettystore-studs


How do you like my V-Gap nails? Which step did you like best? Should I have stopped at any point or is the final product your favourite?


Don't forget to stop by my challenge buddies to see what they did for their V-Gap nails!!



9 comments:

  1. These are so cool! long with beautiful manicures, I enjoy your blog because it is a constant source of inspiration for me... Both color combo wise and technique wise.

    This looks soo cool, and the gem IS the perfect touch. It is like the finishing touch of an olive in the martini glass ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Marta you really do know how to make me smile! I LOVE your idea of it being an olive in the martini glass! So cool! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. Final product is best! Love the nail studs, they really transform the nails from a pattern nail to statement nail art :)

    Alice

    www.SecretsOfAWannabeCharlotte.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks awesome, I need to get some studs like that!
    But I notice your photos/hand positions/watermark(your even using the same font) is (way) too similar to chalkboard nails you should change it so you can have a signature look :D (like the ones your using is CN look) Ever time I see your pics I think its CN & you want to have something so people could recognize your art! Its okay to be inspired but your kinda copying her in a lot of things put your twist in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for saying that my manicure looks nice!

      If you have an issue with something that I'm doing please contact me via email or another more private source instead of anonymously and publicly criticizing me. thank you.

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love this so much, and I totally loved the original for the B&W challenge as you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful! Such fun ideas! Love that purple combo.

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...