Wednesday 20 June 2012

STOP! I've got your Prints.

I got the idea for these nails when I was looking at my desk and my Color Club Brights Striper Set was sitting on it and next to it Sally Hansen White On. I thought to myself now what would my finger prints look like on my nails? Once I googled it I quickly realized that I was not the first to think of this, however instead of just using one colour and one print on each nails I layered a bunch of colours using my various prints!

fingerprint nails nail art

The outcome I think was pretty cool! I used the Purple, Blue, Hot Pink, Green, Yellow, and Orange stripers from the Brights Set. I really wish these polishes had names so I could stop calling them by colour lol. All I did was place some of the colour onto some wax paper, dip my finger in it, then press a few times on the wax paper to get the excess polish off and final pressed onto my nail. I repeated this process for all six colours in varying layers on all my nails.

fingerprint nails nail art

fingerprint nails nail art

fingerprint nails nail art

I think my thumb looks kind of awesome. You can really see the texture. I purposely left these un topcoated because I really liked the textured look of them! I also really like that upon first glance you can't really tell these are fingerprints, to me anyway, it just looks like a mess of colour and you really have to inspect them to see that they are fingerprints. My friend thought they looked cool and was shocked when I told her that they were actually prints from my right hand! lol!

fingerprint nails nail art

fingerprint nails nail art

fingerprint nails nail art

These are another set of bright colours over white that I just can't seem to get enough of doing! They really are fun to do and completely fun to wear, especially in the summer :)

What do you think of my fingerprinted nails? Would you try a look like this? Or is a little too bold to use your own prints?

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you're having a superbly awesome day!

29 comments:

  1. This is a really neat idea!! I love how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Idea, and it was excuted very well! It looks like water colours. I'll need to try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooooo very cool interpretation!! For sure try it out!

      Delete
  3. LOL there is no way you can get away with denying you did this mani - really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe I go crazy when i get a print on my freshly made mani when trying to find out if the polish is fully dry, so this is a great idea when u want to have prints as a part of ur mani. :) And I love this color combo - so bright and fun. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cool! What a great idea, I love how the prints actually showed up quite well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I actually did a few prints on wax paper first to get a lot of the polish off so the print would show up better!

      Delete
  6. How creative! I love how this turned out. I am terrible at nail art, but I may have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks BeautyScraps :) For sure try it out! It's super easy and fun to do!

      Delete
  7. What a neat idea! I like it, it looks a lot like a watercolor mani at first glance, but then it's a little different on closer inspection! (and I have trouble doing watercolor manis... maybe this is easier!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very easy to create Kat! You should for sure try this out!

      Delete
  8. this is really cool! i like how you can actually see your fingerprints, you could totally carry that over to like a detective/criminal nails look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a good idea! I can already see it swimming around in my head! Awesome idea! Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Awesome. Cool nail affect! It reminded me when I sometimes get the imprint of my bedsheets if I've done my nails just before going to bed. now i might just go with it and think of my bedsheet imprint differently. It's art! :D hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes it's nail art! Anything can be called art to the right person! ;p

      Delete
  10. This is really cool- I'll definitely have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this idea so I tried it at home. It doesn't look as awesome as yours, but maybe with practice. I still love it though. Thanks for this idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think the trick was to get most of the polish off your finger before you pressed it into the base, that way you really got the fingerprint!

      Delete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...