Monday 19 November 2012

Taped off minus Tape

Today I've got some nails to share with you that I did awhile ago and wasn't totally crazy about. I wasn't going to post them up here, but I know some of you have different tastes than me so here we go!

colour block nails


I think my mistake for these nails was not using tape to get crisp lines. I did all of it with just the polish brush, which was really fast to finish, but the lines not being perfect totally bothered me lol. From an arms length you couldn't tell, but up close I wasn't really feelin it. Also please excuse the smudge on my middle nail, I hit it right as I finished putting Seche Vite on and it showed up a lot more in pictures than in real life!

colour block nails


I started with a base of Color Club Angel Kiss the most perfect pastel green holo. One coat and you have a rainbow with hardly trying. I have 5 of the 6 Color Club holos, and I was going to swatch them, but you've all seen swatches so I'll just use them in cool ways like this! :) I added Essie Mesmerize on half of my nail, this was one of my first polishes I got when I started collecting and I still love it to pieces. Finally I added Sephora By OPI Never Enough Shoes in alternating diagonal stripes on half my nail.

colour block nails
colour block nails


I was really hoping the difference in finish of the three polishes, holo, creme and shimmer would come up and make this look super cool. I'm not sure it totally worked, what do you ladies think?

colour block nails


Well girls? Do you like this look, or are you like me and think there is something that just seems a little off?

Have a great day loves!

9 comments:

  1. The holo looks so wicked in there. I think it looks great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I like this look. Yes, tape would have made crisper lines but I'm sure that it's not that noticeable unless you are staring at your fingers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I guess as a nail addict I spend a lot of time staring at my fingers ;) But thanks Amanda!

      Delete
  3. I think this is so fun! I like how you alternated the pattern. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW!!! love it! Love the combination of colors. I find them classy and elegant too which is very perfect for this coming holiday season. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...