Wednesday 28 November 2012

Wal-Mart Wednesday's: Glitz and Glam

This weeks Wal-Mart Wednesday was a lot of fun to create and I really love the outcome. So let's jump in to this weeks nails, which I've titled Glitz and Glam!

wal-mart wednesday nail art


With the Holiday season fast approaching, I wanted to use these next few weeks to showcase some nails that could be used when heading off to a glamorous event. Hey even girls on a dime want their nails to look drop dead gorgeous! For this week I decided to do nails in a classic colour combination. Red, Black and Silver. Any LBD (little black dress) would look perfect with some red lipstick, silver earrings and these nails.

wal-mart wednesday nail art


For this look I started off with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Rapid Red on my index and ring nails. I used Wet n Wild Black Creme on my middle and thumb nails and Sally Hansen Celeb City on my pinky.

wal-mart wednesday nail art


Since each nail is different I'll start with my thumb and explain each one from thumb to pinky. After the black base on my thumb I just added two coats of Sally Hansen Glass Slipper. This is one of my all time favourite polishes and I think it gives just a hint of shimmer over the black. Mainly just adding depth.
On my index I did a gradient with Celeb City and Rapid Red using a sponge.
My middle nail was a gradient using Glass Slipper but instead of using a sponge I just used the polish brush and first just painted on the tip, then with each coat painted further and further down the nail leaving a little black near my cuticle.
My ring nail is my favourite. I used the brushstrokes technique where you take essentially all the polish off the brush and then did quick random strokes with Celeb City. I did some more random stroked with Rapid Red and then used a q-tip to make the pattern look a little more random. I quite like the result!
My pinky is 2 coats of Celeb City.

wal-mart wednesday nail art


This was a fun and easy look to do! All you need is 4 polishes, a red, a black, a silver and either a glitter or flakie (I think either would work here), a sponge and a q-tip! Again all can be found at Wal-Mart or any other bargain store. Your nails can look fabulous for all your Holiday events even on a dime.

wal-mart wednesday nail art


What do you think of my Glitz and Glam Wal-Mart Wednesday? Would you pair these with a LBD for a night out or to a Holiday party?

If you have any events coming up and are in need of a little nail inspiration send me an email with your colour scheme and I would more than happily come up with some ideas for you! :D I really enjoyed creating this look and can't wait to do more!

Hope your Wal-Mart Wednesday is a great one! Stay fabulous :)

10 comments:

  1. I love Wal-Mart Wednesdays!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these posts Stephanie! I also really love your new Christmas theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These almost make me want to stop following you. I can not stand walmart what so ever and the looks you create with the walmart polishes just look cheap. But that is walmart for you. Cheap crap. And now im sure my comment will be deleted but oh well at least i spoke my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessi C.
      I want to say first that I would not delete your comment. Everyone has their own opinion and is entitled to it! My idea behind this series was to create looks for less. I have had a number of requests for 'discount' polish. All the polish that I use in these posts I would consider drugstore brands and can be purchased at places other than Wal-Mart. The reason I went for the Wal-Mart Wednesday title was because it sounded catchy to me. I am a student and when I buy polish myself I generally buy drugstore brands because that is what is within my budget. If you want to stop following me I would take no offense. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if this isn't for you then that's ok!
      I think any woman of any budget should be able to create some cool nail art and that was my goal here. To share looks that anyone can recreate even if they are on a budget.

      As an FYI I tend to use these same drugstore polishes in most of my posts, as I do not believe they are cheap crap as you say. Brands like Sally Hansen and Wet n Wild have wonderful formulas on most of their polishes and for the price I would purchase them again and again.

      Delete
  4. I'm all about a budget! Super cute post theme! And love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You really have great sense of creativity. Love the Celeb city one.

    ReplyDelete

I abolutely love getting comments and truly appreciate and read everything you have to say! Every comment completely makes my day! That being said please be respectful and don’t leave any spam :)

If you have a blog you'd like me to check out email me at stephanie@sincerelystephanienails.com :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...